Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to do our part to reduce any spread of illness, so we reduced our services to provide emergency dentistry, and held off on routine care at our Cary dentist office and also at our Holly Springs location. Fortunately, because so many people made sacrifices to stay home and took the threats seriously, the state of North Carolina is starting to re-open, and we are ready to welcome our patients (both current and new) back to our offices.
As we welcome you back to our office, we want to share the comprehensive safety protocols we’re undertaking to keep you and our team healthy and ensure a safe environment for everyone.
Maintaining Social Distance
In order to reduce the foot traffic in and out of the office and adhere to social distancing guidelines, we ask that only patients with appointments come into the office. Parents of young children or caregivers to those needing assistance are welcome to come in with the patient and sit with them in the treatment room.
Additionally, we strive to bring our patients into a treatment room as soon as possible. However, you are also welcome to check in with us via text and let us know you’ve arrived, and as soon as your treatment room is ready, we’ll text you back.
Sanitizing and Cleaning
We take infection and illness control very seriously at our dental centers, and we do everything we can to keep our offices, treatment areas, operatories, and common areas clean and sanitized. This includes:
- Frequently cleaning and sanitizing common areas, including high-touch surfaces like door handles, light switches, and countertops.
- Throwing out disposable items immediately.
- Wiping down all patient contact surfaces, including the chairs, lead aprons, and x-ray units, with a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Sterilizing our dental instruments and handpieces in an autoclave after every use.
- Running test strips in our autoclave daily to ensure proper sterilization and having those strips evaluated at the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry.
Also, we are in compliance with all the weekly sterilization requirements outlined by the US Public Health Service, CDC, and the State of North Carolina.
Protecting Each Other from COVID-19
In addition to maintaining social distance and practicing strict sanitizing and sterilization habits, we also strive to protect one another from illness. This includes:
- Wearing masks: All of our staff members will be wearing a mask, and we ask you do the same at your appointment.
- Temperatures: We will be taking your temperature at the front desk before taking you back to the operatory. If you have a fever, we will reschedule your appointment for a later date. We also take temperatures of all our staff each morning, and anyone who is running a fever will be asked to go home.
- Hand sanitizer: We have hand sanitizer readily available and ask that you use it upon entering the office.
- Wellness forms: Before you arrive for your appointment, we will text you a link to a wellness form to ensure the safety of our staff and other patients. If you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19, please reach out to us to reschedule your appointment.
- Proactive precautions: We ask that if you or anyone in your household has traveled to a location currently experiencing a COVID-19 outbreak, please do not enter the office. Our staff will work with you to reschedule your appointment.
Contact Our Dentists in Cary & Holly Springs Today
Our highest priority is ensuring our staff and patients are kept safe and healthy, and we are doing everything in our power to ensure their safety. If you have any questions or concerns about our safety protocols or would like to schedule an appointment, we can help! Give our dentist office in Cary a call at (919) 467-2203 or reach out to our Holly Springs dentist office at (919) 600-6262 and you can also use a contact form to request an appointment.